Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Down...but not quite out.

Music: Rufus Wainwright - Smile (click to download)

I thought it would take a lifetime before I could muster the courage to write again, after all that I've been through in the past 2 months. Yes, I've survived yet another bout with chondrosarcoma and I remain thankful to everyone that's been pouring in such tremendous support during my third surgery in three years.

There's still much to do and although I would like to disclose the details, I really can't be certain of anything given the fact that I'm nursing a leaked dura layer along my cavernous sinus post-surgery. It's healing at its own pace but better that than status quo. Until I have some answers or leads, let's focus on things other than my niggling health issue.

I've been filling up time watching boring political thrillers to spending my short days (I've been having trouble sleeping) thinking of the route ahead whilst sipping on cups of infused lemongrass. Even so, I've never wanted to associate myself with your typical cancer patient; depressed, angry and beat. This is where all my readers and friends fill in the hole in my spirits. I acknowledge the joy of your company and correspondence to me so keep it coming!

  © Blogger template 'Gorgeous View' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP